I LOOOOOOOVVVEEE SUCCULENTS !!!
I saw this article from
and I feel like sharing this...
RL Tips: How to Propagate Succulents
By Kat Patino-Marquez
If you love succulents, learn this easy process to multiply your plants and save yourself some extra cashSucculents are great plants to have in the home. They’re affordable, easy to care for, and simply cute. They can also burn a hole in your pocket, unless you know where to buy them cheap. You may also want to learn how to propagate them.
Not only are these tiny plants easy to care for, they’re easy to propagate as well. So if you love cacti or any type of succulent, you might want to learn how to multiply them so you won't have to buy a single pot again.
- X-Acto knife
- Shallow tray or container
- Spray bottle
- Using the X-Acto knife, slice off leaves from your well-grown succulents; making sure the leaves are ripe and healthy.
- Lay the leaves on a piece of cloth or paper towel to allow them to dry. Dry them out for 1-3 days.
- After the drying process, place some soil, at least one inch in depth, into your shallow tray or container. Moisten the soil with some water using the spray bottle.
- Place your leaves onto the soil without submerging or pushing them in. Just simply lay them on top of the soil.
- Sprinkle some water onto the leaves.
- Wait for the leaves to grow roots and new leaves. This could take as long as a month or so.
RL Tip: Moisten the soil only when it has dried. You don’t want to water the soil too much, it will rot the leaves.